Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Haunted Humpday...Hi my name is Jeff

Hi, my name is Jeff....and I am a Skull. My mom got me at Lowes and my eyes are supposed to glow. SUPPOSED to GLOW...but they don't. And even though my eyes don't glow, she decided to keep me anyway...I have the BEST mom EVER. Would you like to know how to make a coooool skull ornament that's almost as cute as me? Well, read on and I'll tell you how I did it...
First, you need to get some Paperclay or Resin Clay (I like Creative Paperclay or Crayola Air Dry Clay for this project), then you need one of these...
A skull ice cube tray I got at the Dollar Store...how very cool is this?? Put a dusting of baby powder in the skull cube tray, make a little ball of clay and press it in gently. Let dry and when you take it out, it looks like this (or if you're more patient than me and wait for it to dry completely, it will look even better!)...
You can make your ornament with just the skull or you can glue it to a little square backing of textured clay like I did...add it to cardboard, fabric, whatever you can glue it to that will hold  the weight. Paint your skull with acrylic paints. Add a ribbon hanger, and you are done!
Hope you had fun today, I'm going to post again when mom will let me. Thanks so much for visiting and please be sure to stop by Incipient Wings to see all the other Happy Haunted Humpday art this week. Stay Spooky! xo
p.s. Don't forget the Haunted Halloween Doll Challenge is ongoing until the end of the month! Please stop by to see all the sppooooookkkky scary dolls that have been posted so far. If you would like more info on the challenge, click HERE. Hope you'll play!

5 comments:

Incipient Wings said...

What a charming guest blogger you are Jeff!
Great project directions too!
Going to try it, I think I have those ice cube trays:)
Hope to see you again soon, say hi to your mom for me!
Marfi

DogsMom said...

Jeff, you got so very lucky in the new Mom department.

I bought the fingers and bones ice cube trays. Thanks for sharing what I can do with them.

Linda Wildenstein said...

Jeff, thanks for your generous lesson. I have some of the skelly trays...if I can find them....and my grands would love to make ornaments and jewelry out of them. Thank you Mom for visiting today and reading my tale from Daddy Jack. Oma Linda

Mexitali Rose said...

Jeff is so cute!Hopefully I can find some skelly trays on my next trip to the dollar store. Happy Haunted Humpday.

Witchy J said...

Hi Jeff, really enjoyed your opening post, hope to see more of you in the blogging world, ask your mum if she'll give you a regular spot. :) Thanks for the idea of making skully decorations they'd look great on a Halloween tree.

J x