Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Haunted Humpday...Tabby's Spellbook

Hello and welcome once again to Haunted Humpday hosted by the most magickal Marfi of Incipient Wings!  For this week, I am posting this unfinished Tabby's Spellbook project that I started a while ago. This was so much fun to do and very easy...want to know how I did it? Here you go.....
Find a vintage hardcover book with a cover you like (mine is a vintage book with an embossed cover) Find a vintage photo that speaks to you and make a copy of it, glue it to the front of your book. Embellish the photo with pens, pencil, etc. Seal with Modge Podge or matte medium. Now, here's the really fun part...to make the cool embellished frame...warm up that glue gun, ladies! When it is really hot, draw the glue around your photo in the desired pattern. Let cool completely and use metallic acrylic paints or Rub n Buff to enhance and add color. Add rhinestones or whatever else you like...and voila! Very cool spell book. I'll be finishing mine in time for Halloween!


Love this song, perfect for this time of year...EveryDay is Halloween by The Postmarks...



Be sure to visit Incipient Wings and visit all the other artists who are celebrating Happy Humpday...and a little birdy told me BlissAngels is doing a Day of the Dead Challenge today too!
This is a DOD doll work in progress I am doing in Michael DeMeng's Distressed Dollie Class!


Click on the Broomsticks on the Bayou above for info on the blog party by Frosted Petunias and Incipient wings!  Happy Haunted Humpday...Happy Fall Equinox...and thanks for visiting! xo

P.S. Hope you'll join me for the Haunted Halloween Doll Challenge on October 12th!

8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the book, and I'm mesmerized by the doll... wow!

Incipient Wings said...

Kim
This looks like a fun project...
I'm definitely going to do this:)
Thank you once again for playing... & you're welcome for the crystal.

BLiSsAngELs said...

speechless and you know that doesn't happen often ... love the spell book looking forwards to a peep inside and your DOD doll is its fabulously creepy boo hugs wendy

Ms Misantropia said...

Great spell book, and that song is going on my Halloween play-list for sure!

Mexitali Rose said...

What an antique spell book technique. I must add the song to my Halloween playlist I plan on making soon.I'm not very artistic but I just might join your Doll Challenge. Your heads already creepy can't wait to see the finish.

DogsMom said...

I love altering books. I used to never want to bend page corners or write in the margins but now I think of all kinds of ways to give new life to old books.

Linda Wildenstein said...

Love your book and also the fabulous doll head you are working on. I will join in the doll head challenge and look forward to more fun here at your place. Thanks Tabitha......Oma Linda

Witchy J said...

Love your spell book, anything bookish and I'm in love. It's another thing on my to do list, just need more time.

Trying to think of something I could do for your doll party but I really can't do creepy so in a conundrum. I definitely pop by to see all the great things everyone else does though. :)

J x