Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paint Party Friday!


Happy Weekend and Happy Paint Party Friday! I am still working my way thru Michael DeMeng's Distressed DollHead workshop and this week I altered a doll head with resin clay, acrylic paints and a glaze...altered a Halloween bottle from Michaels with stamps, acrylic paint, crackle glaze and mica flake...then attached the doll head to the cork, added some fibers...and all done!
I also wanted to announce that the TabithaLenox Etsy Shop is now open and I have made my first 2 sales, so very exciting! I am now setup to take US and International orders, have added Paypal as a payment method and worked out some other details. I'll be adding more items to the shop very soon. If you have any questions, please email me (there is a link on the blog right sidebar) or go to the Etsy shop and select Contact Seller. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Have a great weekend and be sure to visit PPF to find the links for visiting all the wonderful artists this week! xo

25 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

she's quite devilish!!

Incipient Wings said...

Wow Kim! This is fantastic.
I love how the fibers work on this....
The face is so cool, it's looks carved out of wood!

bella lullo said...

Amo le tue creature!
Bellalullo

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

This is fabulous, my friend!Happy PPF and hugs form Brazil!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful transformation, she is wickedly good! Valerie

MeOfCourse said...

She is very wicked looking. Great job on these transformations and congrats on the sales at your Etsy shop.
gloria

Tammie Dickerson said...

SO creative and fun! This little guy is amazing!

Susan said...

Wow, it is amazing what you are doing with this art form. Love it.

Linda said...

definitely spooky AND wonderful Kim!!! Yay for you on your sales and setting up shop too!

Faye said...

Amazing what you can do with a Pez dispenser, Kim. Great work.

Nic McLean said...

I really like this one - he's very cute for all his devil horns! And that bottle is awesome! Congrats on your first two sales already - seems like you're going to do very well on Etsy!

Christine said...

congrats on your shop! Your dollhead has so much character!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fantastic piece! Happy PPF xox

Giggles said...

Wow these pieces are all so impressive..just Wow.....Congratulations on those sales!! Wishing you many more!

Hugs Giggles

Marji said...

So incredibly creative!! I just love this. Also, congrats on the sales and the new etsy shop. Great for you!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Wow! That's such a cool piece. Blessings!

Debbie said...

Love your cool and spooky piece this week!

denthe said...

Bit of a spooky little devil ;-) Love the different characters you create. Congrats on opening your Etsyshop and especially on the sales! Well done!

Shannon McGee said...

Congrats on your Etsy sales!!

irene said...

Fabulous, creative, fun! I love what you've done. It is something I could never think to do.

Phoenix Peacock said...

this is delightfully creepy. very cool to put up around the house for the fall.

kat said...

You're having lots of fun and making great creations! Congratulations on your first sales and best wishes for many more to come!

Kirstin @ LilliBean Designs said...

I loved your pez last week, but I adore your altered bottle! So super cool!

Lorraine said...

ahhhh...halloween doll very spooky

missy k said...

Awesomely spooky!

Well done on your Etsy sales :)

Karen x