Thursday, July 18, 2013

Paint Party Friday...

Happy Weekend and Happy Paint Party Friday! This week I have been totally obsessed with the workshops I am taking from Michael DeMeng. This vintage cabinet card is altered with acrylic paints and some pencil using paint techniques I am learning in the Shades of Alchemy class. My plan is to use it for my focal image for Nellie Wortman's Tattered and Timeworn Fabric Banner . The white dots around the image will work out nicely with the white vintage fabrics. I've also been working on making Altered Pez Dispenser Totems from another M.DeMeng workshop. You can see my first one here in this Blog Post....and here is a sneak peek at my next altered Pez dispenser....I'll post pics when he's finished.


Thanks so much for visiting! xo

19 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific makes, love them both. Happy PPF, Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

Great work, love that altered photo! Valerie

denthe said...

This is perfect for the last week of Summer of Color! Your Pez-dispensers are so cute ...

soulbrush said...

OMG I love the changes you have made to that photo. Wish I had this skill. Love it.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE Michael DeMeng's work. I bought one of his books, but haven't tried his altering techniques yet. You did an outstanding job with both dispensers, which I think would be a great way to start, since they are small. I may try something like that. Blessings!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye said...

Wow, Kim, your altered cabinet card is gorgeous. I love the way the background looks. That must be a great Shades of Alchemy class.

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

This is fabulous!Happy PPF!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh wow both sospensers are fantastic and I also love your altered Photo!
Happy PPF!

xxx Susi

Linda said...

fantastic works Kim-LOVE the Pez dispenser totems!

Paper rainbow said...

Your altered photo is so clever! You sound like you are having so much fun with all those fabulous workshops atm! :)

MeOfCourse said...

Love your photo and what you've done with it. Great work. The dispensers are awesome. :)
gloria

Debbie said...

Both pieces are great!

JKW said...

Very good job with the vintage photo painting. Blessings, Janet PPF

Lorraine said...

love the vintage paint piece

VonnyK said...

Love your altered vintage photo.
Von

Dawn said...

An altered Pez dispenser?? Now that's cool!! I love that card, too!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Both of these are so uniquely different. Wonderful!
Nicole/Beadwright

Nic McLean said...

The altered photograph is perfect for the sage and sepia colour combo - it works so well! I would've never known that was a pez dispenser!