Thursday, June 13, 2013

Paint Party Friday...Tamed and Tagged



"Tamed and Tagged" by Kim Smith 2013

Happy Weekend and Happy PPF! For this week I am showing you the art work I made for the Week One Peer Assessment assignment for the Intro to Art Concepts course I am taking on Coursera. (Coursera offers free courses online from major universities around the world, I LOVE taking their classes and am really enjoying the Art Concepts course.)

Week One was about the Fantastic Art genre with artists like Chagall, Dali and Fuchs being discussed and studied. I have no background in any of this so it was a real learning experience. And although I don't think I really hit the mark with my piece, I got a 23 out of 25 in the Peer Assessment...not bad!

This was done on heavy cardstock with collaged images from magazines, acrylics, gesso, stencils, inks and pencil. The composition is a little off but I decided not to try to fix it because I really loved how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting for my blog and I so appreciate your comments! xo

30 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

glad you are enjoying the course now Kim. Like your piece!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the eyes in your piece.

Netty said...

terrific collage. Happy PPF, Annette x

Tracey Fletcher King said...

It looks like you had great fun creating this... love the textures you have created...xx

missy k said...

Sounds like a really interesting course.... I love what you have done.

Karen x

Valerie-Jael said...

WOW!!! Valerie

Mary C. Nasser said...

I love the thick textures and bold colors! Lovely!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Suzy said...

The background textures and colors are wonderful and the whole piece is very interesting. Sounds like a great art course. HPPF!

Faye said...

Your gorgeous background is what intrigues me, and of course those fab eyes.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool piece! Thanks for the lead as to the courses. Blessings!

Linda said...

Your course sounds very interesting. Love your layers and textures and those piercing eyes!!

Christine said...

very medieval piece, nice work!

Dawn said...

I love it! So whimsy and fun! Great job!

Aga Gasiniak said...

Fantastic combination of Dali and Chagall's inspirations. Great effect. Thank you for sharing

Paper rainbow said...

Something dark and disturbing behind those eyes, but I think that is what you intended. Sometimes the more unsettling the image the more closley we are drawn to its meaning, I am not at all surprised you did so well in your assessment!

Leovi said...

Well, I have been full of fantasy. Very funny and imaginative!

Gloria in CA said...

Great collage. Lots of layers and textures. Great effects.:)

Giggles said...

Wow extremely powerful piece!! Good job...beautiful!!

Hugs Giggles

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love this piece, that cat like face emerging, that big blue eye on your gal and the layering, marvelous. Happy PPF. xox

Rita said...

Oh, wow...taht is neat! The eyes are mesmerizing...

Kirstin McCulloch said...

I love this! I agree with the others the eyes are amazing x

kat said...

This is such a fun and different piece, bravo!

denthe said...

wonderful work and very creative ....

Giggles said...

I really love it too!! It has such a sultry feel to it, gorgeous colors too!! Sounds like the course is producing beautiful results!! Keep up the good job!!

Hugs Giggles

Anne Manda said...

Exciting and cool, love it! <3

Lorraine said...

great thanks for telling us about this course..will have to check it out

Ann said...

great piece Kim!!!
xoxo

NatashaMay said...

Gorgeous! Love the composition and thanks for the link. :)

denthe said...

Hmm, that's weird, I thought I left a comment here but I don't see it. I love what you did with this. It's weird, fun, special and thought-provoking all at once.

Linda said...

Wonderful creative art! Love the piece.