Monday, June 3, 2013

Mix It Monthly...Picasso Goes Vintage



I am joining a new monthly blog challenge, Mix It Monthly! This month's challenge for May/June is  Picasso Goes Vintage Yellow...sounds like fun, right? Piarom, our challenge hostess, has provided two images that we use in our creation, along with the color Yellow. My journal page using her images was inspired by a very strange dream I had last night, the kind that leaves you feeling slightly off and very unsettled. I'm going to be adding more to this journal spread over the next week. Sorry about the pic quality!
Please check out her post (click on Yellow/Picasso) to see the images and to find the links to see all the fab art. Hope you'll join us!

16 comments:

Dawn said...

Anther wonderful eg for this new challenge. I hope you have better creams tonight Dxx

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love what you did with the eyes. I am an "eye person". haha I collect eyeballs...images of them, that is. It is the first thing that I generally notice about a person. Eyes can speak quite loudly. :)

I enjoyed your challenge piece and look forward to seeing your other artwork. Have a great day!

Karin said...

wow this looks gorgeous,beautiful texture, love it!
Groetjes Karin

Monique said...

I can see the page has an eerie undertone... it must be the ladies eyes =)
I love your page and I love the texture. I'm curious to find out what else you will add to the pages.xx

Lorraine said...

great fun

Alles-Art said...

I love your colourful page! And I like what you've made out of that girl. The words made me smile. Fantastic job!

Pia Rom said...

Hah, so colorful and such fun with her eyes!! That and the flowers makes the piece so funky! I love that so much...and the yummy textured background...seems like you are having much fun :) ♥♥♥ Thank you so much for participate on Mix It Monthly

xox
Conny

Kristin said...

OKAY, this is SUCH a gorgeous page - loving all the textures and colors!
AND thank you for your excitement about the SOC, I'm so looking forward to seeing what you do, xoxo

Willy said...

Wow...what a beautiful entry for the challenge, love it!!

Ophelia said...

Oh, I love your blog!!! Your artwork is amazing!! I will be back soon!!

Jeannette said...

Ooohh, i love your picasso lady,the eyes is so cuirioes and beautiful,the backruond and all the texture in it is great,love it!!!

Greetings Jeannette

sheila 77 said...

The whole picture is a bit dreamlike, naybe a nightmare? Nice artwork, Kim.

Paper rainbow said...

Fabulous!!! I have just finished my mix it monthly painting, well nearly, will post soon, yours is so colourful, you have kept to the Picasso idea too, I'm afraid I went wildly off course on that, :)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I just love it!

Linda said...

Picasso would love it. so do i.

peggy gatto said...

Just so wonderful and vibrant!!