Monday, February 18, 2013

A MInd Must Open to Bloom


My February 4x6 vintage gluebook page for French themed challenge on the Marie Antoinette mailart group, made using images from new kit by ItKuPilli Imagenarium, ArsLonga, on DeviantScrap. The background, scroll, bird and woman images are from the kit. The floral border and quote are from a scrapbook kit by K&Company. I glued everything down and then layered acrylic paints, inks, pen and pencil...and lots of glitter to give it a vintage look. Please be sure to check out all the fabulous designers on DeviantScrap!

p.s. I am linking this piece to the TakeAWord blog challenge this week!

14 comments:

JoAnne said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Kim! Love everything about it!

kat said...

Your art is so lovely, very vintage, great effects!

Carolyn Dube said...

This is magnificent! Love the antique look!

Linda said...

Really beautiful! like everything about it-images, backgorund and words. well done!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I really like the dark border and bird around the lighter image...it sets it off. A lovely piece! I like the green eyed beauty below too:)

Ann said...

this is lovely Kim!!!!

Katherine Wolak said...

Oh I love this one! The flowers almost look like peacock feathers! :D The image is so sweet!

Hugs,

Sim said...

Truly awesome my friend!
You have to link this one at 'Take a Word' this week! :)

janice smith said...

Love that quote and the colors and textures in your collage are just gorgeous.

indybev said...

WOW! You've used the kit elements to great effect! I'm looking forward to more of your work!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Magnificent composition, love the borders and the beautiful Marie Antoinette image, combined with the dark bird.
Hugs Anja

Rita said...

how lovely! I love the way it came out.

Rita said...

how lovely! I love the way it came out.

Janny said...

Gorgeous piece of work!