Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Holi Hindu Art Journal page.....


I have been doing more art journaling lately and one of the goals I set for myself was to take a collage sheet of images and use as many of the images as I can in the journal page spread. Not as easy as it might sound but it's alot of fun. I do not like to write in my art journals, I prefer to let the images and more important (at least to me) is to let the colors speak to me. Then I  go to work, first I get the background done, then lots of cutting and glueing, about halfway through the page, I get frustrated, then do more layering, and that's when the magic begins to happen. Now you may look at this and think it's complete crap but that's ok, when I look at the page in person and touch the images, I'm in love!

For this spread I used images from the new kit for November by RianDesigns.


9 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

very inspiring .... it is so pretty

I can't stop looking at it and i have to agree the writing would spoil it

i get so hung up on what I should write I freeze ...

Janet Ghio said...

I LOVE these new images from Rian-have got to go get some and your journal pages look wonderful!

Sim said...

Impressive dear Kim!
We can see you've had had fun a lot! :)

Janet Ghio said...

me again-I'm with you and Wendy--I don't write on my journal pages--or if I do rarely--I just let the art talk.

Linda said...

Beautiful pages! i purchased some of these hindu pages-love the colors. good idea to express yourself with art instead of words.

JoAnne said...

Beautifully done Kim!

Ann said...

beautiful pages and images!!!
i never thought of art journaling with just images...this works for me!!! to let the images speak for me sounds perfect.
y

Nicie Ibarra said...

The colors and images are just wonderful!!!

"MOI" Freubel said...

Oh, these pages are just YUM, Kim !!