Friday, August 31, 2012

I Try to Remember....Altered Book


Some of you may remember this book I started about a year ago in Nellie Wortman's class on ArtfulGathering 2011. I had done the covers and pages but never assembled the book. I just couldn't wrap my head around how to put it together! But this week I rewatched the course dvd and started assembling. It's now a real book! It's not completely finished but I'm excited to at least have it put together, with pages. The words on the front read "I try to remember...it was only a mist of dream." The image is something I was sent by a seller on Etsy when I bought one of her altered journals. I loved the digital art image of a woman who has a vampire bite on her neck and thought it would make an interesting book cover. Here's a pic of the back:


Still adding to the back of the book and the inside pages. I'll post pics once it feels 'done' ! xo

8 comments:

JoAnne said...

WOW, totally gorgeous Kim!!!!! Can't wait to see what else you do to it! xoxo

Janet Ghio said...

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the book

artistamyjo said...

Can't wait to see what else you do,this is lovely Kim !
Hugs

artistamyjo said...

Can't wait to see what else you do,this is lovely Kim !
Hugs

Ann said...

i can hardly wait!!!
once you are done..are you going to tell us how you did it..so many methods to add pages,i'd love to know what one you used..or is it special to this book?
it is a beautiful book,and i know you'll be so pleased when you finish!!
xo

Katherine Wolak said...

I think you put this together beautifully! :) So pretty it is! :D

Hugs,

Martina2801 said...

This is gorgeous, Kim! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the book.

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a gorgeous book Kim, is that velvet on the back? yum yum!
hugs Lynn