Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Feather Your Nest.....


Session 2 of ArtfulGathering2012 has started and I finished my first class yesterday. I did Cat Kerr's Every Minute Counts assemblage workshop and these are the pics of my project....First, I'd like to mention, I learned I am not a tool girl....I don't like hammering, sawing, bending, drilling or anything else that goes with that. Truly not my thing! Second, I learned that if I swear loud enough, my 21 yr old son will come out of his room and help. That I like! It's a fun class and I really enjoyed learning something new.  Here are a few more pics of my project, 'Feather Your Nest'....



Did you catch that I mentioned that this is my FIRST class I'm taking in Session 2? Yes, that's right, I did it again....3 classes in a six week session! Fortunately, I was smart enough to take time off from hosting swaps during this time which helps alot. I've already started on the second class, Nellie Wortman's Not Your Ordinary Photo Album class. Nellie is my favorite instructor and I always learn something new from her classes. Last I'll be taking Cristina Zinnia Galliher's Mixed Devotions Altered Bottle Class. I adore her altered bottles and am looking forward to learning how she makes them. Fun stuff!

10 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

Kim, Kim she is amazing .... I made the photos bigger so i can see all the details ... I love the painting on the doll and maybe deep down your area tool girl because Kim you did good!!!!!! hugs wendy

Martina2801 said...

A magnificent work of art, dear Kim! Unique and beautiful!

Janet Ghio said...

She looks really good. I am not a tool girl either--thank goodness for my husband who is my straight line, hammer and drill assistant!!

Zaa said...

Kim You crazy girl... Ha Ha... It's nice to know that someone is as fanatical enough to take 3 classes per session like me ( ha Ha)... Man you made your doll quickly and she's lovely ...I haven't received my kit yet so I'm just enjoying the chit chat and working on my Wanda the witch doll with Christie Meyers and crazy quilting with pat Winters... so it's a busy time ( ha Ha)...
ENJOY your other two classes..I'll look forward to seeing your progress...Hugs

JoAnne said...

It may not have been your favorite thing but the result is fantastic! I think she's gorgeous Kim!

Dorthe said...

This is absolutely stunning Kim- she is a beauty , LOVE her, and her nest,
you surely used the tools ,percectly.
xo,Dorthe

Katherine said...

Wow Kim... That is just amazing!!! I LOVE her!!! And swearing is totally fine if it helps! lol Good luck with your other classes! :D

Hugs,

Ann said...

gorgeous Kim!!!!
despite not caring for tools...you did marvelous work with them!!!
She really is beautiful!!
love the fabric and lace of her skirt!
did the doll head come "crackled" or did you do it? i think it is marvelous..adds so much to her!!
3 classes..omg!!
xo

Ann said...

Not Your Ordinary Album...just went to her site..........oh,I can hardly wait to see yours!!!(you haven't done it and posted and i've somehow missed it?)..this looks right up your ally!!!
i can see you in your Magnolia Pearl clothes,sitting outside with one of these albums!! hey..a photo op!!!
xo

Linda said...

this is so different and it turned out great! must be the help you got-ha.