Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summertime Blues.....


I've got an early case of the Summertime Blues....and it's only mid-June. Hate it when  this happens....


Maybe I need a vacation?


Spend some time relaxing on the beach....


Hang out with some friends.....



Do a little fishing....


Or maybe even learn to waterski?


But for now, I think I'm going to take a step back and look at all of my commitments and figure out what still works for me, and what I truly want to let go of.  I've got a bad case of the SummerTime Blues.....xo

p.s. These images are from my personal collection and you are welcome to use them in your art.

7 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love all the summer images Kim! Too many commitments can just be overwhelming! It's so easy to get excited about all the great things to do and want to do them all!! Good idea to re-evaluate what you really want to do!!

Linda said...

I say sit on the beach and review your options. Look at all the men to relieve boredom, stay a few days so you don't miss any of them. Watch the tide moving in and out, enjoy the breezes and sunshine. Go home and makes your plans. Thanks for sharing the images.

Wax Beach Artist said...

It is so easy to get overwhelmed with commitments, isn't it. I for one think you deserve a vacation : ) Thanks for the great images!

PlumCat Art said...

Great images, Kim! I live near Rockaway Beach. Hope you choose a summertime break...good for the soul, good for the body, and good for your art. Hugs, Mary Ann

trisha too said...

Well. I had the springtime blues, sounds like a similar ailment.

A little self examination, a little "housecleaning,"--you'll pull through with flying colors!!

If it makes you feel better to see how you inspired someone, I just posted some pics of my daughter's art journal. The goodies you sent me in your giveaway really got her going--she hunted up just the right book, and has finally had time to get into it.

Faith's pages

Linked you up, too--I hope that's okay!
:)

Lynn Stevens said...

Kim ,take some time for yourself! A vaycay sounds about right. Hope your in the pink soon.
Thanks for the sweet images now go have some FUN!!!!!
hugs Lynn

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for permission to use the images - these are great for a summer journal.
I hope you are feeling more sunshiney real soon. :)