Thursday, June 28, 2012

Revisiting the Past.....


I have been working my way thru my creative funk and one of the ways I have been doing that is to revisit some of my past work. It's been fun and enlightening to look at projects from a year ago or longer and compare them to where my art is now. I have dis-assembled some pieces knowing that I can use the elements in a different way. But some, like the cover of this altered fabric book, I decided to see what I could change for the better...


I made this book last year in Nellie Wortman's AlteredFabricBook class on Creative Workshops and this is the finished cover that I originally made.....and here is the cover now.....


I love how she came to 'life' after tinting her with Prismacolor alchohol markers! I am also still adding fabrics to the cover but for now, it's done. These books are very organic and are never completely finished. Here are some of the pages inside, all were done during the class last year and I won't be making any changes to them.....















As you can see, the pages are a hodge podge of papers, fabrics and images...a real learning experience finding ways to sew and attach the elements to be part of a book. Now that I am feeling satisfied with the cover of this book, I'm going to start assembling another book I started last year in Nellie's class on ArtfulGathering. Somehow I couldn't wrap my brain on how to put it together but now that I have more experience, I am up for the challenge. Hope you enjoyed looking at my book! xo

6 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

good morning i taking a break from the room redo and wow truly inspired with your book.... it is stunning one of those book that each time you look at it you see something different each time...looking forwards to seeing the next one
hugs Wendy

Wax Beach Artist said...

I super enjoyed looking at your book! Wow! You did a great job and I am looking forward to the next one. I love when I can look back on my work and make a few changes that really make the piece pop...just like you did, awesome!

Mina said...

Your book is so beautiful. Each page is so unique with such vintage flair. Hugs, Mina

Kasia said...

Your book is brilliant! I love every little inch of it! How very talented you are! :)

Hugs,

khess136 said...

Your art is amazing, Kim! One page after the other! Your attention to detail is exquisite!
xoxo
Karen

P.S Loved the honeycomb page!

Linda said...

what a change and so much different. nice job on the book, pages are beautiful also.