Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What I've Been Up To Lately....



I have been so crazy busy lately that it has truly become overwhelming at times but I am hanging in there and still working on moving my art in a different direction. As you can see from my blog sidebar, I am currently taking several online workshops (what?... really Kim?...online workshops?...lol)  Yup, I'm taking just as many, if not more than last year....but there's a difference. #1, I vowed to count to ten before I sign up for a workshop to make sure it's where I really want to put my attention.... #2, that has worked about 50% of the time, unless I'm hungry or bored.... #3, I'm still focused on improving my drawing/painting skills and although it's trying at times, I haven't cried while drawing since the beginning of the year and I am seeing a shift in my art....now that's progress!

I've also submitted a few things to Somerset Studio for publication in their magazine...and I have been doing a few projects that are completely unrelated to swaps or workshops....whew...

The canvas in the first pic above I did for a project on ArtHouseCoop.  The Self Portrait project was something I thought might be fun to do until I actually got the little canvas and decided I wasn't ready to paint  a self portrait...so instead I used my graduation photo (circa 1975) and made a packing tape transfer of the image, then collaged the heck out of it until it appeared the image was set into the canvas...almost like a little shrine to my ' oh so much younger ' self. It was an interesting experience to work with my own image and I am happy with how it turned out. It has been shipped off to ArtHouseCoop and will be part of a gallery showing for everyone who participated. Very cool. xo

6 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

Kim beautiful as then and now ... can you remember what you were thinking when that photos was taken .. i like to do that look to see if I remember what was going thorough my head....

you look peaceful...

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

You are so talented, Kim!!!!

I've signed up for one so far. Only reason I haven't signed up for more is $$$$ :(

xoxo

Linda said...

gorgeous! that is an extraordinary piece of art. love everything about it. when i look at pictures of myself when i was younger or my relatives pictures i wonder what i or they wanted from life or if we even knew.

Linda said...

gorgeous! that is an extraordinary piece of art. love everything about it. when i look at pictures of myself when i was younger or my relatives pictures i wonder what i or they wanted from life or if we even knew.

ann said...

So beautiful, a wonderful work of Art.

Peace said...

Beautiful piece, beautiful subject. :O)