Friday, May 25, 2012

My Adventures in Art Journaling.....


I have been going down the rabbit hole that is sketchbooks and art journaling....going from one workshop to another....learning new techniques, getting different ideas on what art journaling can be, what a sketchbook is really for....and with each page, it feels like giving birth and starting all over again. I had NO idea art journaling could be so intensive...but maybe that's just me?  In this post are pages I've done in the 21Secrets2012 hosted by DirtyFootPrintsStudio. Love that the classes are short and sweet but very intensive. Not all are my style, but each one has something to offer. The above page I made in the 15 Minutes to Sanity class by Gina Rossi Armfield.


WordPlay class by ChristineMasonMiller


Journaling Our (H)Eart Out by Nolwenn Petitbois


IntuitivePaintedLayers class by Dina Wakley


And my latest page from The Practice of SelfAwareness thru Visual Journaling by Traci Bunkers

All of these pages, except for the first one, took me hours to complete as I worked thru each layer. The finished pages aren't great art but they were so worth the time and effort. Look for more next week where I'll be posting about my adventures in Joynaling with Jane Davenport...we are making our own journals from a vintage book and drawing our own Faeries! xo

8 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

there something about each page i love... the face in the first the freshness of the white in the second, the hearts and the house and the last page wow I love all the color and the fact that you are willing to push yourself to try new art forms is something you should be very proud about.. well done! my ear picked up when i read fairies in the last page so i look forwards to see that one.... happy weekend Kim hugs wendy

Wax Beach Artist said...

Wow, you are very good at journaling! I especially love your mark making. It is so alive and free!

Linda said...

I would call this great art! details enough and interesting enough to hold your interest. I like them.

Janet Ghio said...

Finally getting around to visiting some blogs! Your pages are wonderful! I especially love the first one. I took a class from Gina Armfeld--I love her style!!

Aimeslee said...

Love these! Glad you are enjoying your classes now, xoxo.

Martina2801 said...

Dear Kim! I enjoyed looking at your beautiful work here! Your pages are very impressive. Really stunning work.

Have a nice sunday.
Hugs and kisses
MARTINA

Kasia said...

I think you did an exceptional job! Love the detail, rich colouring and ideas!!! :)

Hugs,

Mina said...

Oh Kim, these are all so beautiful but I am particularly drawn to the first image. There is just something so honest and calm in that one. I am amazed at all you get done so quickly!