Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Painted the Mona Lisa....


Yup, that's right...I painted the Mona Lisa...sort of. I have been doing Lisa Vollrath's daVinci Inspiration Book workshop and this is one of the pages from that project. It's a print out of the Mona Lisa glued to a brown paper fold out page and then colored with Portfolio Watersoluble Oil Pastels. The good news is, I had a great time coloring this page and have a much greater respect and appreciation for Leonardo da Vinci...and I adore the Portfolio pastels. The bad news is I'm not enjoying the workshop and am going to scrap the project. Here's another page from the project, love the colors in this one...


Look for another post later in the week about my love/hate relationship with art journaling that has turned into an obsession. I now get why so many love it...just took me a while to get there! xo

5 comments:

BLiSsAngELs said...

omg KIM THOSE PAGES ARE FABULOUS,and yes I'm shouting because you being to hard on your self.. I wished I could paint like that...hugs wendy

NatashaMay said...

Looks fabulous! Portfolios are one of my faves, too. :)

Martina2801 said...

Dear Kim, you have made each one of these paintings simply DIVINE!!! You are such a fabulous creative talent! Wonderful!

Linda said...

the pieces are beautiful. saw them posted on flickr-i think. in love with the turquoise pages. mona looks pretty good too.

Mina said...

Both of these images are so beautiful. I hate that you don't like the workshop because you do remarkable work with it. xoxo