Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dark Shadows...Then and Now.....


Angelique then.....


Angelique in 2012.....


The Collins family and extended friends and family....then


And in 2012.....


Barnabas Collins then.....


and Now......

I did not love the new Dark Shadows movie but it was still alot of fun to go see.... and I was surprised at how nostalgic I became during the movie. They did a wonderful job capturing the essence of each character. I am now obsessed with Dark Shadows and am watching the original from Episode 1, Season 1, streaming on Netflix! If  I seem to go missing for a bit...I've taken a walk down memory lane....and you'll find me at Collinwood.....xo

6 comments:

Linda said...

I remember watch Dark Shadows and not wanting to miss an episode. Not really interested in the new one. Maybe I outgrew it?! You enjoy.

Wax Beach Artist said...

I didn't even know the new movie was from a TV show. I look forward to seeing it. I love Johnny Depp and everything he does. I hope I am not disappointed. I will check out the series but only after I see the movie :)

Terri Daugherty said...

Hello Kim, I was in elementary school and remember like it was yesterday, Dark Shadows came on at 3:00pm weekdays. I would run home from the bus stop because I didn't want to miss one second of the show. I was heartbroken when it went off the air but was truly delighted when I saw they had made it into a movie. Johnny Depp as Barnabas....whoa...can he pull it that off...I don't know. Then I saw the movie last weekend as wasn't thrilled with it but it was like taking a walk down memory lane with all the 70's props they used. They have left the end wide open so I'm sure there will be a sequel in the future. I will be watching the movie again (when it comes out on DVD or HBO) as I'm sure there are so many things I didn't pick up on last weekend. It was nice to have all those memories come flooding back while Alice Cooper sang at the Collinwood Ball!
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi said...

Oh I was so excited to hear a movie of Dark Shadows was coming out...but when I saw the reviews not sure I will go. I also ran home off the bus to watch the original!!

Kasia said...

Too cute! I still have yet to see it! Cant wait! :)

Hugs,

Sandi said...

So I gave in and dragged the DH to see it. Pouty face! I would have so loved something more .......