Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How To Paint An Owl....First Owl!


I have been taking a little break from the paper art to work on a painting in Juliette Crane's How To Paint An Owl class. This is my first little painting of an owl and background. Really enjoyed giving this a try! Next I'll be doing a painting of an owl in a different stance. It's really fun working with just paints and a canvas, and a little challenging at the same time coming up with color combos that will work. Juliette is a wonderful instructor and I highly recommend her classes! xo

10 comments:

artistamyjo said...

A darling little owl.
Hugs

Wax Beach Artist said...

Your owl is very sweet with beautiful eyes!

Sandy said...

Oh how lovely.
So awesome owl Kim. Love your painting. xoxo

Janet Ghio said...

I love Juliette's owls and yours is just as wonderful!

Wendy said...

WOW! It's awesome, Kim, and you've done the eyes so beautiful. xo Wendy

Lisa said...

I love it!

Linda said...

Darling! oh, the eyes are great.

Mina said...

This is just beautiful! I would have never guessed it was your first. The only painting I can do is on walls and baseboards. ;-)

Juliette Crane said...

i just adore your little owl!!!

artistickitty said...

Adorable!! Been wondering what you've been up to and I can see that you have been one busy little beaver of late. I'm trying to get caught up on "Owls" myself. TTYL on FB. ♥