Thursday, December 29, 2011

Words....There's Just Too Many of Them!


My goal for 2012 is to DO Art Journaling....not just read about it or consider doing it....but to actually do some type of journaling everyday. I've been reading about the creative life of artists that I admire and they all do some type of journaling, sketchbooks or a combination of the two. They all say the same thing, that keeping these personal journals or workbooks has helped them immensely in evolving as an artist. Ok, I'm hooked, I can do that, right? Sure...yeah...right....until it comes to the words....what do I want to say, am I saying it correctly, do I really want to put that on paper and chance someone reading it? Blah. That's when I came to the conclusion that there's just too many words and I just can't handle the pressure! Then I came across Effy Wild's BookofDays2012 project, it's a free yearlong workshop based on ONE WORD you choose for 2012. One word? Now that's a journal I can do. My word for 2012 is....BLOOM! xo

7 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I'm still deciding on my word-but I think it is Greatful or Mindful.

Linda said...

you are a brave woman.

Aimeslee said...

Omygosh, this is like the perfect cover! Great job on it. I'm still mulling my word for 2012. Leaning toward True, but still not committing...

Ann said...

Kim..fabulous goal!! Bloom..such a great word..for don't we all want to bloom..to be fresh,growing ,starting,reaching for the sky? Awesome..and I am looking forward to every post you share on your personal art journal journey!A gorgeous piece of art!!!
May the New Year bring everything you look forward to!!
xo

BLISS angels said...

Kim thank you for the link .. i too have looked, wanted to try but then faced with a empty paper.. i didn't know where to start... your word is perfect...

Fallingladies said...

Great book and word!

Cathee said...

my goal is to do one and not just study them (Art Journals)online and in books as well!!my word is love!! hugs to you and so glad we are bloggy swappy friends!