Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Show 'n Tell Tuesday...and Seeing Double...Updated!


For today's Show 'n Tell Tuesday, I thought I would show you pics of the soft sculpture dolls I used to make...but I only have a pic of one of them that I made about 10 years ago. I used to make alot of soft sculpture dolls in the late '90's and would like to get back into it at some point. It's on my long list of  'things to do'!  The doll in the pic is a life size soft sculpture cloth doll from a pattern by Magic Threads. Julie McCullough has the most wonderful patterns and this doll was so much fun to make...alot of work but I had a blast making her. I named her Phyllis and when I originally made her she was dressed in a 1950's dress with jacket, shoes and hat. She was so cool. She later lived for a short time with someone else and was dressed down to sweats and sneakers. I no longer own Phyllis, I sold her on ebay several years ago. She used to sit on my living room sofa and every time I walked in the room, she would scare the crap out of me...I knew she was there of course but catching someone sitting on the sofa out of the corner of your eye is very unsettling...so she had to go! lol

I hope you like Phyllis and if you want to join me for Show 'n Tell Tuesday, post a comment with a link back to your blog...and show us your stuff!

Now for part two.....Seeing Double plus One Qwickie Giveaway!!


See this current issue of Art Jounaling magazine by Stampington? Well, somehow I ended up with 3 copies....don't ask me how, it's a mystery to me!  I'm giving away 2 of the copies....how do you enter? Leave me a comment by this Friday, Sept 9 (I said it's a qwickie!) and I'll pick two winners using random.org and if you win, I'll mail it out to you on Saturday. (wow, that's even qwickier than I thought!)  And remember, to win, I have to have a way to contact you! Have a good week everyone! xoxo

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Bears Mom
Celia

Thanks ladies! I sent you each an email and will send out your magazines asap. Thanks so much to everyone who left a comment....I'm so glad you all liked Phyllis! xoxo

6 comments:

Wax Beach Artist said...

Lol, your story is so funny! I thought that doll was a real person too! She looks alot like the ladies that walk around my block every day for their exercise. Love the lips!

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Ghio said...

Phyllis is great! I imagine she would have startled you! Julie Mccullough has some wonderful doll patterns. I have this copy of Art Journaling,so if you draw my name choose someone else

frasltd said...

Had to laugh because I know I would have reacted the same way. Would have liked to seen her in her vintage wardrobe, she looks so real must be alot of work!

BEAR's Mom said...

I would freak out if I'd see her sitting on the couch...
it's just creepy :D LOL
i think it'd be cool to make one, but not keep it in the house!!!
~victoria~

Celia said...

Ooooooo.....I want one!!! Your doll is a hoot! I love it!!