Monday, August 8, 2011

Mix It Up Workshop


One of the workshops I signed up for on Artful Gathering was JoAnna Pierotti's Mix It Up class. I adore her art and am very lucky to have taken some of her online workshops in the past. This is a wall hanging using lots of great fabrics, lace and a vintage image. I learned how to layer the piece, age it, and how to make a fabric lace piece using watersoluble Solvy...what a cool technique that is!  My wallhanging is no where near as layered and intricate as JoAnna's pieces but I'm still happy with how it turned out.

Next I'll be working on Shiloh Sophia McCloud's painting workshop, Our Lady of the Divine Spark. I am a little intimidated by this painting...it's a very large canvas and uses painting techniques I haven't tried yet. But I'm going to be brave and do at least one painting before the end of classes on August 27th. xo

10 comments:

artistamyjo said...

What a lovely piece you've created. Hugs

Janet Ghio said...

Your wall hanging is just beautiful! Look forward to your Shiloh painting!!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

I love your wallhanging, the rich warm colours against the creams are delightful :) That class was third on my list but I could only afford two. Hope she runs it next year. Looking forward to seeing your painting :)

Martina2801 said...

A magnificent work of art! Unique and beautiful!

Ann said...

i love the lacing at the bottom of the image!!the color pallate you used is fabulous!! this is a lovely piece Kim!!! I just love it!!! xo

frasltd said...

Oh, very nice! Look forward to seeing more of your art.

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Beautiful Kim, Don't you just love these classes? I do, Hugs Marilou

JoAnne said...

That is a gorgeous piece Kim! I am a huge fan of JoAnna's work. That is the one workshop I would have loved but my finances didn't agree-lol.
It truly is beautiful!

Kasia said...

This is wonderful indeed! I love the old feel of it all!

Hugs,

Dorthe said...

Your collage looks just gorgeus,-
I love JoAnna, and her art ,too-I wish I could have joined.
xo,Dorthe