Friday, July 15, 2011

Where Bloggers Create 2011.....


Today is the 3rd annual 'Where Bloggers Create' blog party hosted by My Desert Cottage and I thought it would be fun to participate this year! So here's a few pics of where I create....it ain't pretty....and it's a little messy....but it works for me. Welcome to my space!


This is what I call my creative 'command center'....aka the dining room! I have my printers, my computer, the kitchen counter behind me and I can see straight thru to the family room to see the TV. This is where you'll find me most of the day with my current project laid out on the table. Next to the table you can see one of my Pullip dolls...she's one of my favorites, a Byul Pullip that was a limited edition at Comic Con last year. On the wall you'll see a framed print over the doll, that's a Wallace Nutting print from the 1920's. It's one of the many things I've been collecting for several years!


Next we enter the spare bedroom...aka The Pink Room...my hubby and son never enter this room, I'm assuming because it's pink and also because it has lots of girl stuff in there! lol  Anyway, you can see my sewing machine on the floor because I don't know where else to put it and straight ahead is my shelf with art supplies and fabrics, underneath some tubs of vintage lace and fabrics. Love fabric and anything vintage!! Also, part of my collection of vintage photos and ephemera. I find something new every time I go thru those boxes and it's one of my favorite things to collect.


My shelf of Stampington magazines and some soldering supplies....oh how I would love to learn to solder well but so far, I am so not good at it! On the floor is a pile of vintage books for making altered books...another of my favorite collections.


In this corner, surrounded by piles of unfinished projects and other assorted 'stuff' is my vintage cabinet that I just love. Inside is where I keep all my treasures....art I've received in swaps from all the fab artists online! On top of the cabinet you'll see one of the Infant of Prague statutes I collect along with some altered dolls I made and other pretty things. To the left is my tower of drawers for stamps, collage sheets and ink pads. On the right you can see another Pullip doll!


More shelves, more boxes of art stuff...on the bottom you see all my paints and Golden Acrylics and mediums. Above that pretty boxes filled with art supplies...and also you can see no tags, so each time I need something I have to go thru every box. It's like playing the game of Concentration every time I go searching!! I'll fix that one day....And you can also see some of the collection of vintage fur collars and other assorted stuff.


And one last pic of the same shelves with more vintage, dress, scarves, hats and more fur....and more unmarked boxes for me to search thru! lol


And this wouldn't be complete without a pic of my art buddy, Bear! This pic is a bit blurry but it was completely unplanned, I had put my easel on the living room table and I turned to find Bear staring at the painting! I was laughing so hard the pic came out blurry but I still love it and thought you might too.

Hope you enjoyed my little tour of my space....I enjoyed having you! xoxo

25 comments:

BEAR's Mom said...

i would love to play in your room!
so many boxes to go thru
happy happy joy joy joy
and you have a BEAR too :D
makes it even more special
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

BLISS angels said...

Bear needs to come over and meet willow and Acorn... they will show him around... Kim I love your space .. those pretty boxes are just calling my name to see what's inside them.... thanks for sharing hugs wendy

Sassy Marsha said...

LOL, Sophie occassionally comes into my room and starts sniffing around. I have to keep everything out of reach though b/c she likes to put it in her mouth and run off!

I'd love to see more of your clothing collection . . swoon!!

xxoo
Marsha

Janet Ghio said...

It's so much fun to see your studio space!

artistamyjo said...

What a fun place to play. I think Bear likes your art too !
Hugs

Barbara said...

Awesome space!

frasltd said...

Really nice-especially the decorated boxes. Got a good laugh with the picture of Bear. So funny!

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Even your animals are appreciative of your art! Love that! I bet a lot of fun things get thought about at that dining table! Thanks for inviting me in to have a look at where you work! *smiles* Norma

Incipient Wings said...

i love it!looks like fun!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Ooh what a collection of Stampington magazines!! Bear looks like a wonderful crafting buddy!
Thanks for inviting me into your space!

Lindsey

Kasia said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love the creative space! :)

Hugs,

Jo said...

That's a great shot of your dog! Thanks for showing us round your creative space.

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great space to play in! So many wonderful treasures!
Bear looks right at home there.
hugs Lynn

JoAnne said...

I never tire of pics of Bear! Your creative space is quite similar to mine. Dining rooms are just too formal for meals anyway, aren't they?

Sandra Kaye said...

I really like your art. Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing. Hugs---sandie

Terri said...

The previous posts show such delightful art work that you create in your work space. So many lovely boxes to store all your artful goodies. TFS!

Ann said...

I can't get enough of your beautiful Bear!!! what a great picture!
wow..you have such awesome art stuff and great space! love how you have the pretty boxes for storage!!! So You!!! thanks for showing where your create!! It's nice to see where all your gorgeous art comes from!!!!
xo

Claudia said...

My dogs used to come in my space and I loved it, but the stairs are a little too tough for them nowadays. I just have to make do with hearing them pace downstairs. Thanks for sharing you space with us.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a great space!! I adore you vintage clothing and accessories!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

hugs,
Debbie

kluless said...

I have two sons and when they were still home I used to buy myself pink mittens, hats, snowboots, umbrellas, everything, not because I liked pink so much but because I knew they would leave my pink stuff alone - LOL!
Thank you for sharing your space and your story.

Valery said...

Love all of your storage boxes and your creative space is great!

Donna said...

Great place to craft!!!! Messy is good!!!But I don't think of it as being messy just being used to create!!!

Karen Valentine said...

I think dining rooms are perfect to create little studios in! I LOve the pick of your Bear looking at your painting! It makes me wonder what he was thinking! Thanks so much for joining the party this year!!
xo,
Karen

Creative Grammie said...

I love that you can create anywhere, even if it's the dining room table. I sometimes still like to sit there and do some beading or papercrafting even tho' I have a workroom.
I love that photo of Bear studying your painting!
Thank you so much for the tour of your spaces and thanks for including Bear.

Something Special said...

I love love all those fabric covered boxes. i am enjoying these tours so very much. I am your newest follower. Come say hi over to my studio if you have the time.