Friday, June 24, 2011

Tea should be taken in solitude.....


I love the quote by C.S.Lewis that tea should be taken in solitude...it really speaks to the idea that we need time to ourselves, to relax, repair and remember who we are. This quote is also fitting for this post because I had hoped to attend Vanessa's Mad Tea Party on A Fanciful Twist but life had other plans and I was unable to put together the blog post I had hoped for this weekend. But I did want to share with you two etsy shops where I found wonderful items and a few pics of my favorite tea items!

First, a fairy coat made by Cat, owner of the Etsy shop, FairyTea. Here is a pic of the lovely Cat modeling the coat I bought from her for the tea party. Please visit her shop on Etsy!


Next is a picture of a lovely floral headpiece that I purchased from Bloom Design Studio  on Etsy. These headpieces are so beautiful and very wearable. I purchased a headband very similar to the one the model is wearing and I just love it. Please be sure to visit Bloom Design Studio when you get  the chance!



A cupcake that is too pretty to eat....almost!!



A vintage demitasse cup that belonged to my husband's great grandmother....so beautiful!


A vintage ad for fairy cakes for your enjoyment, please feel free to download it and use in your art!


Another novelty is the tea-party, an extraordinary meal in that, being offered to persons that have already dined well, it supposes neither appetite nor thirst, and has no object but distraction, no basis but delicate enjoyment.  ~Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, The Physiology of Taste

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

You must have a fabulous wardrobe Kim--I love the things you choose. The little girl with the teacup is just a fabulous image and that cupcake looks yummy. Thanks for the fairy cakes image.

Ann said...

i can totally see you in the fairy coat and headband!! fitting to your personality!!...and your beautiful haircolor!!
the demitasse cup..a gorgeous heirloom!!..do you treat yourself and use it much? treasures like that need to be enjoyed..very carefully!!lol..and that cupcake...oh..I WANT ONE !!!!!!
have a lovely day and a happy weekend my friend!! :)

Terri said...

Kim, I love your "tea" post, even if you didn't get to the Mad part! The fairy coat is totally gorgeous! Lucky you to have it! And the headband goes so well with it!
I am in love with the cup cake....so much so, I would love to learn to make some that look like it!
Hugs,
Terri