Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shoes fit for a Queen....A Fairy Queen!


This sweet little set of Fairy Shoes is something I made for the Fairy Shoe Swap hosted by Bliss Angels. I attempted to use the lovely paper shoe tutorial by Terri at Artful Affirmations but assembling a paper shoe, or most things with alot of pieces that need to go together in a precise way, was way too fiddly. So rather than have a paper shoe tantrum (involves much swearing and throwing of  things...not pretty), I went to Target and bought a pair of little girls shoes to alter! I fell in love with a very sparkly pair that were originally silver with a little strap. I removed the strap, used Alcohol Inks in blue, purple, green and gold to create more color, then embellished with vintage flowers and doilies, yarn, fabric, paper flowers and butterflies. The images inside the shoes are by Paper Whimsy. I then stamped Believe and Dream inside the shoes because I love the idea of them having a Fairy message inside!


One shoe, will be going to my swap partner Karen at KarensMondayMusings...I hope she likes it! And what about the other shoe you ask?? Well....I will be doing a giveaway of the other Fairy Shoe, once the swap is over...so look for another post in a week or so with details!




These were so much fun to make I'm planning my next pair....a Fairy Shoe Obsession! xoxo

13 comments:

Sassy Marsha said...

I LOVE what you have created! I did Terri's paper shoe :)

I have to chuckle as originally I had put a butterfly on the heel just like you did but then changed my mind and did something different :)

xxoo

Sassy Marsha said...

P.S. I put messages inside too! GREAT MINDS!

Lotus said...

Fantastic!
These are too adorable!
Lotus

JoAnne said...

Your fairy shoes are gorgeous Kim! I just started working on mine and I will be back for the giveaway!

BLISS angels said...

LOL funny..... Kim the shoes are stunning...Love them ... don't forget to add them to the flickr group... button on the blog...I finished mine today too.... it all ready to send to marti...hugs wendy

Janet Ghio said...

These are so adorable!! and I love the idea of just buying a cheap pair of kids shoes to alter. I am terrible at measuring and having things fit the way they should!!

Melanie Statnick said...

These are fantastic! I saw the same pair at Target. You did a beautiful job!

Ann said...

magical!! love them Kim!!! i'm no good at measuring and lots of little pieces..great idea!!
waiting for the giveaway......!!!

frasltd said...

Hi Kim
Always enjoy your art but these are exceptional! Love what you did with the shoes. Lucky swap partner!
Blessings Linda

Gaby Bee said...

These fairy shoes are adorable!

Hugs, Gaby

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Very elegant you are so creative love the shoes!

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorthe said...

Just saw your shoe over at Vintage Dragonfly--and had to tell you, it is a fantastic piece of art--so gorgeus.
xo,Dorthe