Thursday, June 23, 2011

My new obsession....Magnolia Pearl!


As some of you know, I have been on a quest to develop a personal style, along with my own artistic style, and have been doing this consciously for the past year or so. After I turned 54, I found that current trends in fashion didn't really speak to me...or fit me...so I went in search of alternatives to the more conservative fashion choices marketed to ladies my age. I explored the Japanese Mori Girl/Natural Kai look but found it was still a little too 'young' for me...but then I discovered, or I should say re-discovered, Magnolia Pearl, and I have found my fashion 'home'. I adore the boho look and the philosophy behind the clothes....simple, well made, beautiful fabrics and a layered look that flatters everyone. What is so amazing is how you feel in their clothes, there is just something about them that feels cool, a little tough or rebellious...and beautiful, all at the same time. Robin Brown is a true artist and I adore her. Here are some of my favorite pics, courtesy of  Magnolia Pearl


xoxo

9 comments:

BLISS angels said...

Wow Kim I love the photo ...I understand what you are saying... I want to dress how I used to.. I love the photot I will check them out ..thanks for the tip...

Kathy said...

How fun!
Kind of inspired me to RE-PURPOSE a few pieces I already have.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

BLISS angels said...

OH I thought I knew the name yes she used to make stunning bags.. her clothers are beautiful... she make me want to stop strighting me hair and let it go curly

JoAnne said...

I am a huge Magnolia Pearl fan Kim! That is my style all the way or should I say would be if a bit more affordable.

Janet Ghio said...

I love Magnolia Pearl also!! Great clothes!

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Magnolia Pearl is fabulous! Love all of her clothes.
Hugs, Jackie

Ann said...

Kim..I haven't heard of Magnolia Pearl....but the photos have made me want to buy a closet full! they are gorgeous!!!! I'll be 57 in about a week..I don't "feel" 57..don't they wear double-knit pantsuits and polyester LOL .It's been a trial to find things I like that aren't for "old ladies" but don't look like I shop at Forever 21!!!!Maybe thats why jeans and tee-shirts are a staple!!

AlphaBetsy said...

Oh...those clothes are to die for. I am going to have to check them out and want mightily.

Lynn Stevens said...

I Love Magnolia Pearl. reminds me of things I wore in my younger years, maybe time to revisit it myself!
hugs Lynn