Friday, March 4, 2011

Cherish.....


I made this little canvas this week and I am so happy with how it turned out. I take alot of workshops online but have been avoiding drawing or painting anything because of a real lack of confidence. I decided this week that I was going to do this one small canvas in preparation for Sharon Tomlinson's Tree House Apron workshop starting at the end of this month. I started drawing this yesterday and I'm embarrassed to say I cried when I sat down to start. Why in the world was I crying? Fear...plain and simple. So after a couple of starts I got into the groove and I am proud to say I made this little canvas without watching along with the videos. It's not perfect but I couldn't be happier right now...and I can't wait to start the next one! xoxo

5 comments:

Ann said...

Kim...well,your confidence issue should now be a thing of the past! This is a beautiful piece..your artistic abilities shine through!! I love how the words are faintinly present beneath. The eyse are amazing and the contours and shadings of her features are great! I love how you did her mouth..I love everything about this!! To me,it is perfect..you should be doing a major happy dance. I am always blown away by your art!! hugs!!

JoAnne said...

Wipe away those tears Kim! It is absolutely beautiful. You should be very proud.

Janet Ghio said...

Aw Kim--don't cry--your little painting is just wonderful! We are our own worst critics aren't we.

Terri said...

Kim, your canvas is amazing! You did a fabulous job on her face, and I love all the texture! Hooray for you!
Hugs,
Terri

Wax Beach Artist said...

It's hard to draw something just off the top of your head. I have to have pictures to do any drawing at all. Because of my fear of drawing out of my head I am taking a class, and it's helped. You are not alone my friend and you did a fabulous job!