Friday, March 25, 2011

Altered Canvas Workshop Part 2....Shaded Memories




I have been working on the second canvas for Lesley Venable's altered canvas workshop on TheArtOfAltering and thought I would share some pics with you! This canvas class is called Shaded Memories and it's all about working with beeswax, which I adore. Love the smell, the texture and how it gives a soft finish. Not so crazy about it now being stuck to my kitchen floor but that's the price of art, right?? lol

I'm still not completely done with this, may still add some type of structural embellishment behind the metal top piece but haven't found the right thing yet. So I'm still tweaking it but am very happy with how it has turned out so far. For anyone still sitting on the fence about taking the workshop, just do it! It's a great class! xoxo

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I left you a comment over on the altered group-but this is another beautiful piece you have done.

Sassy Marsha said...

Hi Kim!!

I emailed you for your address so I can mail you your swap box being hosted by Joanne!

I love your blog! You are so creative! I am a dollmaker too, miniature porcelain dolls and I just finished my first cloth doll!

xxoo
Marsha

Artfully Musing said...

Your canvas turned out great. Just stopping by as part of the Alpha Stamp event. Be sure to stop by my blog and sign up for my giveaway. Laura