Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Angelic Wishes.....


Happiness, Peace & Angelic Wishes....this is my finished piece for Pam Carriker's workshop 'An Angel Anthology' on Crescendoh.  The class ended in December  but my unfinished piece sat on my table, staring at me until yesterday when I finally got inspired to work on it. I always seem to hesitate when it comes to mixed media on canvas...I'm afraid I'll mess it up. And guess what? I did, big time! Had to completely remove some elements that looked good in my head but just didn't work on the canvas. Then I had to redo more of it to make it work. I'm still playing with it but for now I think it's finished. Hope you like it! xoxo

8 comments:

HeArt Collective said...

i'm diggin' this work that you've been putting up, kim. the textures on this piece are amazing... the angels face is so peaceful, but what i really love is the pallet you've chosen... warm browns and purpley blues is such an appealing combination to me... not one i have ever worked in, but it just draws me in and then that yellow... love it.

xoxo
jul

Julie Forest said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love, love, love all the texture! Your angel is beautiful and the colors are amazing! <3

Janet Ghio said...

I think your angel looks great--sometimes you just have to paint over and it turns out better than ever!

Ann said...

Beautiful piece Kim. It looks like a nicho on canvas! the colors are wonderful,great texture on this.

Wendy said...

Hey Kim. I love this. You did a wonderful job. She is so beautiful.
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from wonderland

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnne said...

Hi Kim,
It really turned out beautiful! Everything about it is perfect...the angel's face is so pretty and the colors and textures just melt together.
Your work is getting lovlier and lovlier...sincerely.

whymsicalmusings said...

Kim I really love this! What a beautiful beautiful piece.
XXX
Becky