Thursday, February 10, 2011

Altered Fabric Book....I'm in love!!



I have been taking Nellie Wortman's Altered Fabric Book workshop on CreativeWorkshops and I am now totally obsessed with making altered books! I have always had an interest in altering vintage books but never really thought it would be something I would enjoy until I took this class. The cover is finished and although all the pages are now attached to the spine, the pages themselves are a work in progress. I'll be adding more to them in the next week or so and I'll post some pics when I'm  finished. Love something like this that combines mixed media and vintage photos/ephemera...it just doesn't get any better than this! xoxo

10 comments:

Ann said...

kim, your fabric book is gorgeous! I just love everything about it!! the laces ,the colors...such a treasure!! I'll be looking forard to seeing the pages!! :)

COUNTRY PICKINS said...

Hi Kim,
Your altered book is so beautiful. I wish i could see each page...so lovely!
Linda

Julie Forest said...

OMGoodness! Your altered book cover is stunning! What a captivating photo! And I love all the vintage laces and trims (especially your rhinestone detail at the bottom!) - absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with the pages! <3

JoAnne said...

Kim!!!!! How do you do it?!?! I'm so impressed. This book is gorgeous! I really need to carve out some time, I've always wanted to do one of these.

Kai said...

WHOAAAAAA! That is absolutely STUNNING! So elegant and GORGEOUS!

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HeArt Collective said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Liz Bugh, Gypsy Feather said...

So very romantic, Kim! Looking forward to seeing all the finished pages! Elegant and impressive!!

artistickitty said...

Oh....WOW! This is phenomenal. So scrumptious. I want to hold it, but guess I have to settle for looking at it. Great job. I wish I had taken that class. Books such as yours are one of my very favorite things as well. Be sure to show us MORE!! ♥AK

Lynn Stevens said...

Ohhhh the cover is fabulous, I can't wait to see the inside pages, More more....