Sunday, January 16, 2011

Soul Restoration.....

I am taking the Soul Restoration class at The Brave Girls Club this January and it's going to be an intense experience but I know I will be getting alot out of it. As many of you know, I took alot of workshops last year....and I mean ALOT....and I learned so much from each and every one about mixed media and altered art techniques. I decided this year to start off with a workshop that is more about me than the art but still incorporates all the mixed media techniques that I love. The pic above is the cover I made for my Soul Restoration book that I will be adding to throughout the course. I wanted something that looked vintage, well used...and most of all loved and full of life. xoxo
p.s. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't take as many workshops this year...I have 3 that I signed up for starting this month....I'm off to a good start?? lol

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoy the Soul Restoration class. I'm sure you will get so much out of it. I went to Brave Girls last February and am going again this February so I didn't end up taking the Soul Restoration class because we get some of the same content.
I look forward to hearing more about your experience!

Kai said...

WOW! That BOOK would restore a person's soul! It's so BEAUTIFUL! I know you'll get lots from the workshop! And if it DOES restore you in some way, then you were MEANT to take the workshop! I believe we ALWAYS find time to do the things we are supposed to do! Enjoy it! And keep making those gorgeous art pieces so I can come visit your blog & drool over over them!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Kim! I'm off to upload a pic of my cover on my blog. :o) This is going to be a wonderful experience (Soul Restoration)!

Ann said...

Kim, your book cover is just beautiful! I hope you share more about this course..and you!! xo,Ann

Dorthe said...

I love the book, you made for your thoughts,to be written inside.
And it sounds to be a wonderfull experience, with this workshop.
XO Dorthe

HeArt Collective said...

I think you're doing just fine... take care of you and the rest will follow...

You're sure to have a beautiful experience... Enjoy!
xoxo
jul

Lynn Stevens said...

I have a friend who went to the Brave Girls art retreat and she got so much out of it. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for you too!

Aimeslee said...

LOL on the classes comment. Me too! I vowed the same thing with similar results (2 classes)...gotta put my foot down.

That journal is awesomely done, girl. I have always admired that Melody Chatterbox girl and I have heard great things about Brave Girls. Have a great time. xoxo

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.