Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude Girl!

Here is another pretty girl I made using the same techniques I used for the Pretty Little Witch Girl but this time, the face is my design. Who knew Shrinky Dink plastic could be so pretty? I had never used shrink plastic and now I'm having lots of fun with it. The face I made by tracing a pic of a model in a magazine and then coloring her in. I'm still playing with the embellishments but wanted the theme to be 'gratitude' because we are almost to Thanksgiving...and because that seems to be a big theme in my life right now....along with unicorns....every time I turn around there is something to do with unicorns, love that! Anyway, back to the pretty girl, my next one will be with her eyes open. I have been re-reading the instructions from the workshop and being slightly dyslexic, it's not making sense to me, but I'm sure once I get started it will fall into place. Hope everyone is having a day filled with Gratitude....and Unicorns! xoxo

6 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

She looks great Kim. I'd love to hear more about how you made her!

Wax Beach Artist said...

This is so beautiful! I love her hair and you did a great job on her face too. Awesome.

Sam I Am...... said...

She's beautiful and I really like the closed eyes look. It's more peaceful and fits with the theme. Who knew? Shrinky Dinks? REALLY??? Wow! You made them look glamorous. What was the workshop you took? Keep up the great work..you are a true inspiration to the rest of us. You go girlfriend!

Raeven said...

Wow Kim, she is beautiful!
You did a wonderful job. She looks so peaceful and content.

lee said...

she is lovely,great work!

lee said...

she is lovely,great work!