Thursday, July 8, 2010

Norah's Faces....Lesson One!

I just finished Lesson One from the online workshop All Norah's Art by Sharon Tomlinson. I learned alot and am excited to move on to Lesson Two. This little canvas is only 5x5 but it took me forever to finish it because I kept obsessing about the eyes, then the nose, and finally the mouth. Sharon's style is very loose and I hope to be able to paint like that one day. I'm still not entirely happy about the mouth but not bad for a first try at this style!

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I think she is beautiful!! You did a great job. I hope to take that class sometime!

Holly Moore said...

Oh Kim, she is lovely, and truly ethereal. I happen to LOVE the mouth, it gives her real personality.

BEAR's Mom said...

Kim she's beautiful...
~victoria~

JoAnne said...

Not Bad?!?!?! Kim, you did an amazing job. I think she's wonderful.
xoJoAnne

Anitra Cameron said...

She's beautiful! You make me wish I were taking the class, too! wow.

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, I can't believe this is your first painting! It's amazing, you are so multi talented, seems you can do anything!
Gaby xo

Terri said...

Are you kidding???
Not too bad????
: )
She is beautiful! You have really done lovely work on her.
Yea for you!
Hugs,
Terri

Lynn Stevens said...

What are you talking about ,shes beautiful!!! You've already mastered it!

Theresa said...

She's wonderful Kim! So soft! Just signed up for Norah's and am working on my first piece at the moment.