Monday, June 28, 2010

I got Published in Belle Armoire!!

I am thrilled to say that I got published, for the very first time ever, in Belle Armoire magazine!! I am so excited! I had submitted a crocheted sweater to Stampington when they put out a call for submissions for a new magazine called Threads. When they decided to pull Threads, my sweater was then chosen for the Gallery in the July/August issue of Belle Armoire. The picture they took is absolutely gorgeous and I am beyond thrilled!!
Here is a pic I took of the sweater after I finished it....the photo in Belle Armoire is sooo much better! But this gives you an idea of what I made. The pattern is called Whiz of a Sweater and it's in the Big Hook Crochet pattern book by White Birches. I used Noro Iro yarn which I love....the colors are amazing!

12 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Congratulations! I'll look for the latest issue to see your sweater!

Terri Gordon said...

Congratulations Kim, that is wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Congratulations Kim! That's just awesome! Will you show some pictures on your blog?
Hugs,
Julia

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Kim, Thank you for adding a picture of your fabulous sweater! When I look at your photo, I think it suits you very well! Congratulations again! Very well done!
Hugs,
Julia

mamabstuff said...

Kim, this is awesome!! I am so happy for you!

JoAnne said...

Kim, I can't tell you how happy I am for you. What a beautiful sweater! And WOW, you are multi talented. I was always impressed with your mixed media/altered art and now this!!!!!
Lots and lots of hugs to you,
JoAnne

Lynn Stevens said...

Congarts on being published, Thats awesome!!! and pretty too!

Rettabug said...

Kudos & Congrats to you on being featured in Belle Armoire! What a wonderfully special honor! You deserve it...you are very creative.

Julie Ann said...

Such a cute sweater!!! Congratulations!! Celebrate BIG! :D

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats on being published. I'm so happy for you. This sweater is truly fabulous!
Have a wonderful week!
Gaby xo

Ann said...

Congratulations Kim !!! How wonderful and so very deserved ! Your sweater is beautiful and I love the colors!! You are so multi-talented in the arts!!! May I say I knew you when?!!!!!!
love and big hugs..Ann

Roxie said...

I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy for you...congratulations! That must have completely made your YEAR!!!!! Very pretty sweater by the way, love the colors!
xoxo
Rox