Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Do it...do it now!

I was on Facebook today and happened to see a post by the author Cheryl Richardson (Take Time For Your Life) and she was going to take questions from anyone who needed guidance while she was waiting to get her hair done....How cool is that? Anyway, right place, right time, I decided to go for it and asked how to get past my fear of being the real me....and here is her response:
 
Cheryl Richardson
"Hi Kim, Do it! The only way to move beyond fear is to practice doing what you're afraid of. You're smart, strong and able to handle what comes your way. Go out and be you girl! RIGHT NOW :)"
 
OMG, I was thrilled beyond belief and also very honored to have her answer my question. What a great message for us all!  It reminded me of the journal page I made for Pam Carriker's Journal 365 workshop. A page I wouldn't normally post accept in a workshop setting but here it is! xoxo

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

What a powerful and honest piece Kim. I'm so happy that you shared it.
One of my favorite books is Cheryl's, The Unmistakable Touch of Grace. I'm thrilled she gave you the advice she did.
And for the record, you've always been an artist in my eyes.
xoJoAnne

artistickitty said...

Is life not a hundred times too short for us to stifle ourselves. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955


Be Who You Must Be
Diarmuid Cronin


I don’t know where you are on your path
I have never stood in your shoes
I see not with your eyes.
I know not what your purpose is here
In this stage of your evolution
But I feel blessed to know you
As you are not in my life by chance
And you are my teacher
As I hope you learn from me
I pray I show reverence to you
I pray not to judge you
I wish to let you be
Who you are
Who you dream of being
I will just be beside you
And watch you grow
And the day will come for sure
When we will know why
Our paths crossed this way
And until then my friend
Be who you must be


Never fear to be "yourself" with me Kim. I ♥ your friendship unconditionally. ♥AK

Lonnie Bullington said...

I agree with JoAnne, Kim. From my point of view you are an artist.
Lonnie