Friday, April 23, 2010

I Believe I'll Be the Queen....of My Own Life!

This is a picture of a face from a Petit Doll painting I am working on....I haven't finished yet but thought I'd post what I've done so far. I just finished reading the book 'Queen of Your Own Life' by Kathy Kinney & Cindy Ratzliff and enjoyed it. It's about the second half of life (for those of us over 50) and how to claim your life and become the Queen! Very empowering and easy to read book. Kathy Kinney played 'Mimi' on the Drew Carey Show and it was so interesting reading her story about how thru becoming Mimi she was able to overcome her own self esteem issues.  Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

6 comments:

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Kim, Your painting is awesome!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Janet Ghio said...

I love your painting!! It's just wonderful!

Debby said...

This is so beautiful, awesome piece.
debby

Ann said...

another fabulous piece! I so enjoyed Kathy Kinney on The Drew Carey Show..we watched it from day one until the end. I saw her several times on talk shows and she really impressed me..a wonderful woman!
Have a great weekend Kim!!!
thanks for sharing this and about her book!

Lonnie Bullington said...

Hey Kim,
You are getting better and better! Pretty soon we will have to be saying I knew her when.. You go girl.
Lonnie

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

This is looking really splendid girlfriend! Nice going!