Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reorganizing, shopping....& Phyllis...oh my!


Ok, so first let's get something straight...that's not me in today's pic! That's Phyllis....The first and only life size soft sculpture doll I ever made. She was alot of work for sure. The pattern is by Julia McCullough of Magic Threads Phyllis spent a couple of years living at my parents house. My mother used to take her to play bridge and to the Red Hat Ladies group. I'm sure if Phyllis could talk she would have some stories to tell about those days....LOL

Anywho....so I decided since I'm taking a creative 'break' for a week, I would reorganize my studio/craftroom aka 'the pink room'. It's our smallest spare bedroom which I painted a vintage rose pink and hung a faux chandelier. I put in some nice black metal shelves and now I'm trying to figure out how to organize them. I got a few pretty boxes from Hobby Lobby and Michaels today to help make the shelves more useful. Amazing how much stuff you forget you have when you can't see it!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh ,Kim....Phyllis is absolutely wonderful. Your sculpturing is amazing. I have made many a doll with minimal facial sculpturing and never with fingers!! Now I know I must give it a try..can I email with questions as I go along? are you going to make more?
I do admire,and envy,your talents!!!
Happy, Happy New Year my friend!!!!

Gina2424 said...

Lovely blog. Happy New Year! Enjoy your studio re-do! Thanks for visiting.

quiltcrazygal said...

Phyllis is amazing and I'm sure lots of fun to have around. Good luck with your studio, I need to do the same. It is so true, if you don't see it you don't know you have it:) Happy New Year! Jenna Louise

The Renaissance Chick said...

I love Phyllis! I think we could be great friends! :)